Since its inception, the National Quality Dealer has come to embody all that it means to be a dealer who is committed to quality, excellence, outstanding customer service, and to making their community a better place for everyone.
Guidelines as recommended by the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association to assist our national selection committee in making their selection of the NIADA Quality Dealer of the Year.
The basic qualifications for a Quality Dealer Nominee should be:
SERVICE TO INDUSTRY – “It is my belief: “Every man owes a portion of his time and money to that industry or business from which he derives his livelihood.”
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of NIADA in good standing and of the age 18 or older.
- Support their respective state association through his/her dedicated service.
- Support the NIADA through his/her dedicated service.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be helpful in performing Association duties when asked by the various state and national association leaders.
- Display a willingness to serve the Used Motor Vehicle Industry through helpful service to fellow dealers by sharing his/her knowledge, talent and experience.
- Willingness to make a commitment to attend their respective annual state and national Conventions.
- Have the necessary credentials to compete at the national level, since he/she will be representing their state association in a national competition.
OUTSTANDING BUSINESS OPERATOR – Dealer should be committed to offering exceptional services to customers, both during and after a sale. Always maintains the highest standards as they relate to employee and business associate relations. Dealer should be highly respected and enjoy a good personal and business reputation within their local community.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of five (5) years experience as a successful licensed independent dealer and member of their respective state association and NIADA for a period of no less than three (3) years. The candidate must be the ‘Dealer Principle’ or listed as the President of the dealership corporation.
- Have a sanction free record with the state DMV and/or state licensing agency – have no outstanding or unanswered complaints with the Better Business Bureau or Consumer Affairs division of the state Attorney General’s office.
- Candidate’s dealership operation should reflect pride of ownership and offer an attractive appearance of facility, grounds and inventory.
- Candidates should have an outstanding reputation of good customer relations and the handling of customer complaints in an expedient manner.
- Operate his/her business in accordance with the NIADA Code of Ethics.
- His/Her dealership operation should be a credit to the independent dealer community of their respective state and the Used Motor Vehicle Industry as a whole.
- Candidates should furnish several customer and employee testimonial letters, as well as business and personal letters of recommendation.
- Extra thought should be given to those candidates who are NIADA “Certified Master Dealers”.
COMMUNITY SERVICE – Affiliations and involvement in community affairs.
Candidates should be involved in the affairs of his/her local community.
Note: It is beneficial to all concerned for successful business owners to give something back to the community in which they develop their businesses and earn a living.
Additionally, experience has shown there is a great deal of satisfaction and personal reward in the giving of time, talent and money to worthwhile causes within our communities.
EXCLUSIONS: If a dealer/dealership has previously been awarded NIADA Quality Dealer of the Year, that dealer/dealership shall be ineligible to receive the award a second time.Read the Quality Dealer Award Guidelines
Download the Quality Dealer Award Nomination Application
2018 Quality Dealer: Stan’s Auto Sales
CIADA is pleased to announce Stan’s Auto Sales as their 2018 “Quality Dealer of the Year”. Congratulations to Stan Martin and the entire 21-member team that make Stan’s Auto Sales a very special dealership.
Stan began his career in 1977 on a small used car lot on South Broadway. He rapidly moved up to manage three lots for one of the largest used car dealers at the time in Denver. Stan then utilized his expertise as the used car manager for a couple of franchise store before opening his own dealership in 1998. He ran the small lot out of a trailer and sold 40 vehicles the first month. Stan’s sales kept increasing, he now has sold over 31,000 vehicles during his 42 plus year career.
In addition to selling many vehicles, Stan has been busy with numerous other activities:
- 20 years as a CIADA member with the last eight on the Board plus serving as President for two terms.
- By an appointment from the Governor, served for 6 years on the Colorado Motor Vehicle Dealer Board, the last year of his term as President.
- Obtained his Certified Master Dealer designation.
- Served as the Chairman of the NIADA Presidents council.
- CIADA Charity Fund Director.
- CIADA Legislative Committee member and testified at the Capitol for CIADA Industry legislation.
- Spearheaded several neighborhood action groups to protect zoning and road closing issues.
Stan’s business philosophy is “You can replace the vehicle easier than you can the customer, work toward repeat and referral business. Just try to do the right thing.”
CIADA is proud to have Stan and his outstanding team representing Colorado at the National Quality Dealer of the Year awards program featured at this year’s NIADA June convention. In addition, special thanks to Regis University for their partnership and role in the selection process.
Congratulations to the fantastic group at Stan’s Auto Sales and best wishes for continued success.
Past Quality Dealers
2017 Southwest Motors – Colorado Springs
2016 TSG Auto – Parker
2015 More-Skinny Used Cars – Pueblo
2014: Nevada Auto Sales – Colorado Springs
2013: Charlies Auto and Truck Sales – Northglenn
2012: McCloskey Motors – Colorado Springs
2011: Herbie’s Auto Sales – Greeley
2010: Stan’s Auto Sales, Llc – Westminster
2009: AutoTrek — Littleton
2008: Ertle Bros. Discount Auto — Sterling
2007: Centennial Leasing & Sales — Denver
2006: Highline Motors — Ft. Collins
2005 Family Trucks and Vans –Englewood
2003: The Car Show — Colorado Springs
2002: Valley Motors — Englewood
2001: Big Jon’s Auto Sales — Longmont
2000: Smith Motors — Brighton
1999: Car-Tunes — Grand Junction